Flickr Widget

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Happy news on Harry's birthday

Harry Bertoia would have been 100 years old today. Appropriately, the Bertoia family and Important Records announced today that the Kickstarter project to raise money for the purchase of equipment necessary to save Harry's massive archive of Sonambient tape reels and release unheard works has been fully funded.

With 3 hours to go, 226 backers have raised $18,912, which exceeds the $15,000 goal.  I'm proud to have contributed, and there's still time for you to participate if you'd like.

From kickstarter.org




4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea... going to see if it's closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been a shame for those recordings to have been lost!

      Delete
  2. Total raised, $19,581. I hope the tapes were properly stored so they can be rerecorded onto modern media. I'm surprised I never heard of him before today since in lived only a few hours away from where I lived in PA. I really want to see/hear his sound art.

    ReplyDelete