Flickr Widget

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Le Corbusier: Sculpture

In the first post of this series, we looked at examples of Le Corbusier's paintings. This post is dedicated to his sculpture, which he produced from the late 1940s through the early 1960s. These were all done in wood. Most were natural wood, though a few were painted in primary colors.

All images from fondationlecorbusier.fr



Mobile, 1947

Ubu, 1947

Icône, 1953

Femme dansant, 1954

Nature morte, 1957

Petite confidence, 1963

Panurge, 1964

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! I wouldn't mind having a couple of these sitting around! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really into the painted Panurge. I'm surprised that I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that I liked the all the painted pieces. First, I'm usually not attracted to primary color combinations or painted wood at all, for that matter, but these are different somehow.

      Delete