Flickr Widget

Monday, December 9, 2013

Only one in the bush

It's said that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. This time there was only one bird in that fabled bush, and it wound up in someone else's hand.

I saw another beautiful bird on eBay. This one was by the 20th century California-by-way-of-Texas ceramist David Stewart. I was familiar with his slip-cast Lion's Valley line, but I wasn't familiar with his studio pottery until I found this piece. Research has turned up a wealth of information about him that I will share soon.


David Stewart bird
ebay.com -- two-cool-dudes

ebay.com -- two-cool-dudes

ebay.com -- two-cool-dudes

ebay.com -- two-cool-dudes

8 comments:

  1. That bird is right up my alley. Another one will come along soon. Keep swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Carmel quite literally, took the words right out of my mouth!
    I was going to say exactly that. That little birdie is "right up my alley"
    Great minds and all that (ha!)
    It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised that you and Carmel like his work too. We three often think alike. :)

      Delete
  3. I really like the colors (that turquoise) and the pottery texture! What a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? Another thing for me to track to the ends of the earth!

      Delete
  4. Just three words- I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete