Flickr Widget

Saturday, May 12, 2012

In the store: Incredible credenzas

My SIL made a trip out of state a few weeks ago to pick up a load of credenzas, and several just got back from being refinished. All I can say is, "Oh, my!"

This Ib Kofod-Larsen piece is as beautiful as it is immense. It's made of rosewood, and its clean lines make it one of the most elegant pieces in the store. Look at the size of this sexy beast!

Ib Kofod-Larsen credenza for Faarup

Kofod-Larsen from another angle

Faarup tag

Three more wonderful credenzas, each with a unique personality, are gracing the store. I expect this influx of lovely design will cause quite a stir and all these pieces will sell quickly.


Nathan credenza with circle design on doors

Another teak credenza...beautifully sculpted bow-shaped pulls

Yet another teak credenza...gorgeous wood grain

16 comments:

  1. They are all stunning, especially the first one.

    And they are all different. I think they're human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what a strong yet different statement each one would make in a room.

      Delete
  2. The style, the wood tones, the practicality are so awesome. I would love one but there isn't one place in my house where one would fit. That's one reason I drive through neighborhoods of mid mod houses and sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Jens Risom credenza in my living room that I've had for years, but I sometimes wish my house were bigger so I could have more!

      Delete
  3. Dana, I see you still have the best mid century stuff! Happy your store is doing well, and a little jealous you get to handle so many cool things . . . We should all be so lucky to be able to pick & chose goodies for our own home if we wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My SIL is businessman to the core. His attitude is "Why bring it home when I can sell it?" LOL

      Delete
  4. I'm green with envy! These kind of pieces are not easy to come by and you've got 4 super nice ones! You're probably right about them moving on soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More being refinished! I thought my SIL was nuts when he said he was driving from Dallas to Memphis, grabbing a load of credenzas and driving straight back home...but the trip paid off.

      Delete
  5. The Danish credenza with circle designs for me is the most fetching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen one anything like it, so it was the one that caught my eye too.

      Delete
  6. All of them are beautiful, but I gotta say the circle one is my favorite!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been getting a lot of ooohs and aaahs in the store. The way those circles are framed by the mitered piece really shows off the wood grain.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! That Farrup credenza is amazing! I've been searching for the perfect credenza for a while now & these 3 are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got to hand it to my SIL. He always manages to have some out-of-this-world credenzas in the store!

      Delete
  8. They are all stunning, but the circle one really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the response that one has received on the blog is any indication, it should be the first one of the bunch to be sold.

      Delete