Flickr Widget

Friday, November 18, 2011

In the store: Baker, Baughman and more

This past week saw a lot of inventory leave the store and a lot more come in. Some auction items arrived, and we made a trip out of state to pick up several more things, so we have a nice assortment of new pieces just in time for the weekend.

My SIL can't stop talking about the gigantic arc lamp that is almost 8 feet tall. He's totally nuts about the thing. Not only does the center bulb light up, but there are smaller bulbs inside the globe which illuminate it. I have to admit, without question, that it's one of the most dramatic pieces we've ever had!

Arc lamp

We have several new chairs: an off-white Milo Baughman swivel chair and a pair that the auction company described as "Jens Risom style," so that's what we're calling them till we can figure out who made them. Marked or not, they are obviously something special. We also picked up a super pair of Danish armchairs with beautiful green cushions, which I have to put new foam in today. I'll add photos as soon as I finish.

Milo Baughman chair
Jens Risom style chairs

We sold the massive Tobia Scarpa dining table yesterday, but we picked up its little brother...a Scarpa coffee table...the night before, so we won't mind saying goodbye quite as much.

Chrome coffee table by Tobia Scarpa

And speaking of coffee tables, if wood is more to your liking, we also just put a beautiful Danish coffee table on the floor.

Danish coffee table

That's not all. There are more beautiful wood pieces: a long Danish style credenza and a superb buffet/credenza by Baker that is finished on both sides. What quality!

Danish style credenza
Buffet/credenza by Baker

Again, my SIL has outdone himself. He just keeps on finding beautiful furniture, and I'm sure there's something for every taste.

6 comments:

  1. Do you just wander around your store petting the pretty furniture? I would. And you know if I'd do it, it's the right thing to do. Just gorgeous (the furniture, not me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @DearHelenHartman: I confess to having serious love affairs with some of the furniture. I won't go into the sordid details, but it has gone way beyond petting with a few of the pieces. I'm still deeply hurt and not a little jealous that they went home with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana,

    OMG, I can only imagine how fun it is having a store like yours, that's a dream of mine, to have a secondhand store with fabulicious finds like yours. I wanted that blue sectional sooo badly I googled to see how far it was to Texas from Ohio.
    Would love for you to stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LeAnn: I went to your blog, and I love your orange wall. That color is fantastic!

    Having the store truly is fun. We had tried the antique mall thing, and it really wasn't our thing. I think we needed more of a challenge. I have to admit that it was a little scary for my SIL to quit his good job and take that risk, especially with two kiddos under two, but he's done a stellar job. One of these days, you're going to have to take the leap. I bet you'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I own this pictured arc lamp, inherited from my grandfather, does anyone know the origin of it? I know it's of similar era as the Castiglioni Arco, but for the life of me I have never been able to find any info on this lamp. Any help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's by Harvey Guzzini for Laurel. We found out when we got a second one, which is for sale in our store now.

      Delete