Flickr Widget

Friday, November 12, 2010

Good things come to those who blog

I spend several hours each day researching mid-century designers and furnishings, as well as reading other mid-century blogs. Almost every day I run across something exciting, one of the most recent being a new giclee' print by Jenn Ski entitled Paperclips.

I found the print as a direct result of reading her blog during my daily surfing ritual. When I visited her Etsy store, I had to have the print for my own home. I got it back from the framer yesterday and hung it above the dropfront desk that my mother used in the 1930s when she was a child and I used when I was a child in the 1950s. The desk holds part of my collection of vintage pewter, a prized piece of studio pottery, and the gooseneck lamp I recently mentioned in a post. I think the geometric print provides a nice counterpoint to the old desk.

Be sure to check out the Apartment Therapy tour of Jenn's home. You don't want to miss her travertine floors, gorgeous walls of windows and spectacular patio with koi pond. She has found some fantastic pieces on craigslist, including a Noguchi coffee table, which she got for $60. I found her home delightfully cheerful, inside and out, just like her art.

Also be sure to take a look at her work when it is featured in Ty Pennington's At Home magazine, which comes out December 8.



Jenn Ski's Paperclips
jennskistudio.blogspot.com

Paperclips above my dropfront desk

Ty Pennington's At Home
jennski.com

No comments:

Post a Comment