Flickr Widget

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And speaking of artists...

I went to the Denver Modernism show the last weekend in August, and I met a fantastic artist that many of you may already know (but don't ask me how much fun a 14-hour trip in a Honda Insight with three adults, a baby, and two dogs was).

The artist's name is Steve Cambronne, and Stevotomic was one of the first entries in my list of favorites. Better known as Stevo to his fans, he does some of the coolest metal wall sculptures and mid-century style clocks I've ever seen.  His work is vibrant and beautiful and fun...and includes every iconic googie shape you can imagine.

He's also on Facebook, and you can find him there by searching "STEVO" Fabulous fifties inspired dimensional metal sculpture!  Look him up to see if he's coming to an event near you.  I plan to order a wall sculpture from him in a few weeks, but I'm still trying to decide which one I want.  There are so many fantastic pieces that it's hard to choose.  How cool are these?


2 comments:

  1. Dana...I have 3 of Stevo's pieces and they are truly fantastic. You won't be dissapointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ICHawkeye, I hope someday to own multiple pieces too. Stevo has a rare talent that makes him both an artist and an artisan. Not only is the construction of his pieces flawless, but also his eye for color and composition makes them true works of art. I can't wait to have one on my wall.

    ReplyDelete